Generations of Shreveporters have put their trust in Akin's Nursery and Landscape Co. to help them turn their yards into gardens. Founded more than 75 years ago and still locally owned, Akin's takes pride in providing customers with friendly service, quality plants suited for our climate, professional landscape services and the kind of knowledgeable advice that comes from years of area gardening experience.
We know what thrives in Northwest Louisiana because we live and garden here.
We invite you to take a stroll through our garden center for ideas on how to make your home and garden a more beautiful place. Ask questions of our experienced staff. Whether you need a pot of petunias or an entire landscape makeover, we’re here to help you put down roots.
- Complete garden center with a wide variety of annuals, perennials, bulbs, shrubs, trees, vines, vegetables, herbs, tropicals, interior plants and seeds. Here you'll find all your traditional favorites as well as unique and unusual plants.
- Professional landscaping services. Whether you need a single tree or an entire makeover, we can handle the job.
- Experienced staff, including a horticulturist, who are happy to answer questions from beginning to experienced gardeners. Novice gardeners are encouraged to seek advice from our staff about their specific gardening needs so we can recommend appropriate plants and products.
- Got a problem? Bring in an affected specimen and we’ll diagnose the issue, then recommend an appropriate treatment.
- Repotting services for plants that have outgrown their containers.
- Seasonal refreshing of porch and patio pots.
- Outdoor accents, such as benches, an extensive collection of pottery planters and more. Check out our huge statuary collection where you’ll find everything from whimsical bunnies to classic bird baths to Southern icons, like pelicans and herons.
- Fertilome soil amendments, fertilizers, pesticides and other products to keep your garden lush and pest free.
- A variety of organic gardening supplies, including Espoma.
- Planting mixes, including 100 percent organic compost.
- Gardening gloves, hats, pruners and more.
- Extensive gift shop with nature-inspired items as well as seasonal decor.
- Custom silk flower wreaths for any season.
- Custom tabletop silk arrangements – you can even supply your own container.
- Live plant arrangements and gift baskets for any occasion. Delivery is available to area hospitals and funeral homes.
- Fresh-cut Frasier firs from North Carolina, evergreen wreaths and garland, poinsettias in a rainbow of hues as well as traditional red, Christmas cactuses, paperwhite pots and other holiday items during the Christmas season.
- Gift cards.
- Delivery and installation in the Shreveport/Bossier City area of everything we sell.
Returns and Exchanges
Akin’s Guarantees all woody shrubs and trees for a period of ninety days, subject to these conditions:
- You must have your Akin’s receipt for returns or exchanges.
- Plants must have been cared for in accordance with Akin’s water guidelines – see below.
- Plants purchased on clearance are excluded.
- Custom arrangements are excluded.
- Plants damaged by conditions beyond our control such as natural disasters, improper or delayed planting, insufficient care by the customer, extreme weather, insects, disease, animals, mechanical injury
The first thirty days in a new landscape development are the most critical. Proper watering is the most important factor in the establishment of newly planted trees, shrubs, etc. A thorough soaking is required about every other day for the first week. This is especially important for larger trees and shrubs. NOTE: It is important to water the original root zone of the plant and not just the new soil around it. Another method of watering is to use perforated soaker hoses placed in and around the plants, allowing the water to trickle slowly, soaking into the plant root zone for twenty to thirty minutes.
CAUTION: Failure to follow these watering instructions voids the guarantee.